[Last Updated: February 25, 2021]
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If you are a California resident, please see the “PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS” section below.
What Personal Information Does H2O Collect?
We collect the following types of information from our end users:
Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to H2O Services.
You provide information to us when you:
- search for, subscribe to, or purchase H2O Services
- create or administer your H2O account (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when using H2O Services)
- register for or attend an H2O event
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request
- post on H2O websites or participate in community features
- employ notification services
Depending on your use of H2O Services, you might supply us with such information as:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- payment information, including credit card and bank account information
- information about your location
- information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information
- content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us
- your image (still, video, and in some cases 3-D), voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend an H2O event or use certain H2O Services
- information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information
- corporate and financial information
- VAT numbers and other tax identifiers
Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with H2O Services.
We collect information automatically when you:
- visit, interact with, or use H2O Services (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with H2O Services)
- download content from us
- open emails or click on links in emails from us
- interact or communicate with us (such as when you attend an H2O event or when you request customer support)
Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
- network and connection information, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet and information about your Internet service provider
- computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting
- the location of your device or computer
- authentication and security credential information
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads
- H2O Service metrics, such as Service usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website (including date and time) and H2O Services, content you viewed or search for, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information
- subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or third parties
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links)
- credit history information from credit bureaus
- Recognizing you when you sign in to use our Services. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your likes and dislikes, such as your language and configuration preferences.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our Services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content relevant to your interests on H2O sites
- This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our Services.
Some H2O cookies are deleted at the end of your browsing session, while others persist between sessions. Essential H2O cookies remain on your device for up to 365 days from your last visit to our site. Other H2O cookies remain on your device for up to 365 days from their last use.
How does H2O use personal information?
We only use your Personal Information internally to: (i) provide Services to our users and (ii) further develop and improve such Services.
Personal Information about our end users is an integral part of our business. We do not rent, sell or disclose your Personal Information to anyone – except for the following limited purposes:
Agents: We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf – meaning they are helping us provide our Services. We may share your Personal Information with such companies/persons solely as necessary for them to help us provide the Services. Unless we tell you differently, H2O’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if H2O, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that H2O goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
Protection of H2O and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of H2O, our employees, our users, or others.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Children’s Personal Information
We do not provide H2O Services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use H2O Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the “categories” of personal information we collect and the categories of third parties to which we disclose personal information. We only collect the information described in the “Information You Provide to Us” section above. We do not sell or otherwise share that information with any third parties.
Your California Privacy Rights
CCPA Rights Disclosure. If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request.
If you are a California resident and you would like to exercise any of your data rights under California law, please email us at privacy@h2O.ai. Please include your full name, email address and residential address associated with your use of our Services, along with the rights you would like to exercise, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
Sale of Personal Information. H2O does not, and will not, sell information that identifies you such as your name, email address, phone number, or postal address. But please note, like many companies with an internet presence, we may work with third parties that provide marketing and advertising services to us, including interest-based advertising services, and these third parties may place tags, pixels, cookies, beacons, and other similar tracking mechanisms on our website and collect your online identifiers.
Shine the Light Disclosure. The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
CONDITIONS OF USE
What Choices Do I Have?
You may request deletion of your Personal Information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
How to Unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these emails by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy in connection with the Services, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
H2O Legal & Privacy
2307 Leghorn St
Mountain View, CA 94043
Telephone: +1 (650) 227- 4572